Company A, a multi-billion dollar technology company, intended to sell one of its technologies called RADIANT. Company A had hundreds of vendors that were an integral part of completing a purchase of RADIANT. Once a buyer came to the table, Company A had obligations to separate, assign or complete certain contractual steps forward in order to transition all relevant vendors to the buyer. This was a huge and daunting task for Company A that would require a lot of time and resources, something which Company A did not have the bandwidth for. In the past, when Company A utilized a consulting firm to actualize a similar transition, some relationships with the vendors were jeopardized due to lack of sufficient communication and relationship management.
After an assessment and collaborative discussion with Company A, our personnel formulated a Dream Team, co-led by a Project Manager and Attorney to step in and handle the transition of the procurement contracts, in order for Company A to meet its obligations. The first step was to start collecting documents and organizing them in a virtual data room so that analysis of the contracts could begin. A comprehensive Playbook was then developed in collaboration with Company A, including how and when to use a “Soft Touch” approach. The full team was formed and the Playbook was executed.
- OASIS Cycle® ensured all bases were covered proactively for maximum efficiency.
- Enhanced relationships with vendors were achieved through Soft Touch quality communication,
- The Dream Team adapted and provided solutions quickly when customizations were needed.
- The Dream Team proactively identified issues before they became unmanageable.
- Full transparency into project KPIs, milestones, gaps and issues was maintained and communicated to both buyer and seller throughout the process.
- Company A obligations were not only met, but exceeded, in terms of time and level of effort.
- All gaps and issues were identified and communicated in time for alternative decisions to be made.
- Total support was provided, allowing Company A to relax, monitor progress and see an end in site.
- The $2B sale of RADIANT closed successfully.
- Buyer also hired our team to perform post-close contracts services.